Saturday, October 07, 2006

Soccer Star

Yesterday, I was checking out at Whole Foods when the cashier said to me, "Hey, do you play soccer?"

I replied, "Um...yeah, I guess I've played soccer before."

He said, "Oh, I mean, because you look like a soccer player."

I thought about it a minute and said, "Maybe it's my jacket?" (I had on this red and black jacket that made me look kind of sporty.)

He said, "No, it's not that. You look like that one soccer player. What's her name? Maria Sharapova?"

I said, "Oh, umm...thanks." I didn't bother to tell him that Maria Sharapova plays tennis, not soccer.

But apparently I look her. Or, you know, that tennis player...what's her name? Mia Hamm?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

good story. godd luck at your first day of work!! i'll be cheering you on from madison.

L. Sanchez said...

*laughing*

They're both cute though. (Maria the soccer player and Mia the tennis player.)

Maybe he was hitting on you.

Better send The Jake down there to set him straight.