Sunday, May 18, 2008

I wanna neck, I wanna neck

I wanna necklace made of pearls

I wanna pet, I wanna pet
I wanna petticoat that swirls

And when the dam, dam, dam, dam
Damage is done
I'm gonna run, run, run, run, run, run, run
To granny's
Sweet granny's

Swingin' on the outhouse door
Without a nightie on
Grandpa's layin' on the floor

Singin' "Granny"
"Granny, won't you give me some more."


Okay, so I vaguely remember some people in high school singing this song. Does anyone else know where this comes from? Emily (with her post about childhood nursery rhymes) got me thinking about all this little ditties I've heard in my life.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Ewwww!!!! You want a pearl necklace??!!??

Hehe. That was just for you, Liz.

I have not heard that one, Candy. I bet kids loved singing the dam dam dam part. :) Which reminds me of another song...

Amster-Amster-Dam-Dam-Dam
(Wow, that's the only part of the song I can remember right now)

Candy said...

Em, I think you're thinking of "There were three jolly fishermen"...

Although all I can think of right now is:

Fisher-Fisher-men-men-men...

Emily said...

Weird, I looked it up and it's from a song called "Three Merry Fishermen." (You were right!) I don't remember any part of the song except the Amster dam dam dam part! I guess we all know why I sang it...