Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sushi, Sake, & Smashed Silliness

Jake and I attended an engagement party last night. It was at a sushi bar. The cocktails were half price, so I had a bit more to drink than I'd planned. I also ate a bunch of sushi. We kept pulling more and more sushi off this conveyor belt and eating it.

This is my friend Tejal and me drinking this drink called the Flaming Volcano this weekend. Tejal usually orders a drink, takes a few sips, says she's drunk, and then gives up drinking afterwards. So, I'm sure I'm the one that probably polished off most of this drink. Oh, and see the fruity drink next to our flaming drink with the pineapple garnish? That drink is mine, too. I also had another cocktail prior to that one...

After the sushi place, a bunch of us went over to our friend Kevin's house. I drank some more there as well. I remember having this drink called "Prom Night on the Beach" and drinking a shot of sake. The bride-to-be whose engagement we were celebrating pretended that Kevin's standing lamp was a stripper pole and gave everyone a show. It was a lot of fun.

Whenever Tejal and I get together, we talk about what we could invent or what business we could start to make a lot of money. Her new ideas this week involved making a cheaper grocery store and designing a sash women could wear with a cell phone pocket in it. I really wasn't too crazy about either idea. Anyway, Tejal once told me that she talked to a very successful businessman who told her that the key to success is to be willing to take some risks while young. So, maybe one's twenties is the time to pursue crazy ideas. I'm not sure what to do with myself. I'm pretty sure that I don't want to be in special education for the rest of my life. Maybe I just need to pick something else and run with it.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This "drinking too much" thing seems to be a pattern with you. Maybe you are really hiding behind the influences and cloudiness of alcohol. The real risk, the real challenge for you, is to show your authentic self to the world. Be vulnerable and open to possibility.

From one psycho to another...love.