Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Recap of the weekend

Jake and I held a poker tournament at our apartment on Saturday. It was an interesting tournament because we had more girls than guys. I think we had six girls (counting me) and three guys (counting Jake) attend. It wasn't the usual poker crowd. I invited some people from work, but none of them showed up. I lost all my money...

Jake got his fiscal year bonus last weekend, so we went shopping. He got a new digital camera and I bought a new Trek bike. I'll have to take some pictures of my bike and post them later. My bike is red. It's hot. I was looking at some bikes that were more girly at first. There was one that was yellow and had a floral pattern on it. Jake laughed at that one when he saw it. The salesman at the bike shop let me test ride a couple bikes when I was there and I decided to pick a different bike that rides differently. The way I sit on my bike lets me ride a bit faster. My favorite part of the bike-buying experience was when the salesman asked me how tall I am. I said, "5'3"" and he said, "Really? You seem taller." Ha. I don't know why that really amused me...

No comments: