Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

I got the day off work today because of ice and snow. Unfortunately, I will probably have to make it up. We're already making up a different snow day on the last Saturday
in February. Boo.

Jake got 2 hours of leave today because of the weather.

I'm trying to think of what song Jake and I should have for our first dance at the wedding. Recently, I really wanted to have the song "Run" by Ben Kweller. I like it because it's upbeat, the lyrics work well, and it's a newer song that hasn't been used by a million other couples at their wedding. I don't want a slow song or one that's overly mushy or one that everyone else uses at their wedding. Jake doesn't like it, though. He thinks the piano part is annoying or something. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good song?

2 comments:

Sarah said...

With lyrics like this how you could refuse?

The Rolling Stones, Beast of Burden:

I'll never be your beast of burden,
So let's go home and draw the curtains.
Music on the radio,
Come on baby make sweet love to me.

Sarah said...

pardon my dyslexia.