Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The groundhog didn't see his shadow...does that mean spring break will arrive more quickly?

I'm getting irritated with my job lately. I really want to quit. I'm looking forward to the day that I can...

I was told over a month ago that I was going to be moved up into a teaching position. Well, I checked on that recently and now its not happening because they need to get their "census numbers" up so they have more money coming into payroll. Blah. What a load of crap.

I suppose it's in my best interest to hold onto this job until I at least get married. After that, all bets are off. If I'm not moved up by then, I think I'll be ready to look elsewhere for a job.

Hmm...what else has been happening lately? Jake and I bought a bunch of new houseplants. I got a rubber plant that I named Melvin. We also got a jade plant and a Warneckii dracanae that Jake named Dibble and Jiggy.

I went to a going away party for a friend this past weekend and danced on speakers at a club. I also decided that I really don't enjoy the clubbing scene. Clubs get far too crowded, it's always too loud to have an actual conversation, and I always end up going out way past my bedtime. Anyway, here's a picture of me while I was on top of the speaker with Kristina and Tammy:

Jake and I are having people over for poker on Friday. There should be a good crowd. I think we might drink brandy old fashioneds. Yay!

2 comments:

MoMo said...

I seriously have no idea how to subscribe to any blogs on this site.Usually there is a big button saying subscribe so you dont miss there blogs but I seem to have lost it lol......Anywho I came upon yours,it was English so I could actually read it.I think its hilariously cute you name your plants,now I must do the same lol....I hope things improve at your job and you have a splendid party Friday!

Emily said...

isn't naming household objects awesome? i was trying to remember all the different names sarah and i gave our dorm stuff, but i couldn't remember a lot of them. but i DO remember that we named our never-used stereo "Dubya"...because it was useless. haha! and sarah's computer was dennis...which i still love as a computer name. sarah, you need to name your next computer "dubya jr."

i also don't like clubbing. but that's because i'm anti-social.

i also don't like my job. subbing sucks. plus, apparently teachers in rochester are never gone.