Sunday, February 18, 2007

Support Local

On Friday, Jake and I made plans to go see some local bands at the Black Cat in DC. We went out to this restaurant beforehand called Cafe Saint-Ex that supports local farms. I thought it was cool that they actually listed on the menu where the meat they serve comes from. Their burgers come from Smith Meadows Farms. Jake and I bought pork chops and a beef roast from Smith Meadows recently at a farmer's market. I want to own a restaurant that serves environmentally-friendly food. I'm jealous. Maybe I can develop my own restaurant that serves local, sustainable food that isn't quite as pricey. Jake and I spent a lot there on dinner, but I'm sure that a menu could be developed that didn't cost that much yet still provided support to local farmers.

I also enjoyed going to see music. We saw three bands: Lejeune, Bicycle Thieves, and the Sketches. My favorite was Lejeune, but Jake disagreed with me. Everything that I do outside of my job makes me want to quit and do something else. I'm going to quit my job, own a restaurant, become an activist, start my own rock band, and be the boss of myself. At least...I wish.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Chinese Barn!!!

I'll farm food, you can manage, and Lelani can advertise.

Jake can be a waiter and then you'll be boss of yourself *and* him.