Friday, April 13, 2007

It's Friday the 13th...and it feels like it.

Today was a crazy day at work. Every kid was pretty much going off. I'm really dreading going back in on Monday because we're supposed to be getting three new students. I haven't heard that we're getting any more staff. We are all going to be so screwed. One of the program managers (basically one of my bosses...) is quitting and moving to Texas at the end of next week. That's going to screw us over even more. I'm so jealous that he's getting out of the job. I want to get out of this job.


I'm happy that I got to come home and see everyone last week, but it feels like it went by really quickly. I also feel like I had to deal with lots of wedding planning poo, so it wasn't as much of a vacation as I'd hoped it would be. I made myself all depressed that I didn't get everything out of my vacation that I hoped I would. On the day I left my parents' house, I got really stressed out and cried a lot. I wish I could explain this more...if I had more time to sit down and write about it, I would...

I have 10 minutes to cover the other stuff I want to talk about here before I have to leave the house...

Hauling back wedding shower gifts was stressful. There is a 50 lb. weight limit on bags at the airport, and our bags weighed in at 49 lbs and 47 lbs. We left a lot of stuff behind in Wisconsin. We'll have to load it up in the car when we drive out in July.

I'm trying to figure out something to look forward to before the wedding happens. I need stuff to keep me going. I was hoping Maria was going to come visit in May, but now she has to start her new job. Darn. I really want someone to come visit. I don't have a lot of room in my apartment, but I'm sure I could have someone stay here... I promise I would make the visit totally awesome. I'd plan lots of cool stuff. Someone? Anyone?

I have to write a lot of thank yous. I really need to get on that. Our wedding invitations should be coming in the mail soon, too...so when those come I'll have to work on those as well. I hope they turn out okay. The old lady we bought them from seemed really confused. She honestly had to add the total cost of our invitation bill four times before she came out with the right number. I really just wanted to do it for her...

Alrightie...I just wanted to try to put up a quick update. I feel like I'm behind with everything right now. Our apartment is a total mess. We need to take stuff to Goodwill this weekend because there isn't space for our old things as well as the new stuff we got at the wedding shower.

No comments: