Friday, November 09, 2007

Surgery

The hand surgeon looked at my finger yesterday. He doesn't think my problem is an infection, but an inflammation. I'm going to the hospital this afternoon to have surgery. The more I think about it, the more I'm a little freaked out. They're putting me under. It hit me when I was on the phone with the surgical coordinator and she asked me if I have any religious objections to anything that they should know about. I thought, "Holy crap...I'm not going to have any idea of what's going on." All sorts of wild things could happen to me and I would have no idea...

Jake is going with me to take me back afterwards. I have to be in by noon and they are putting me under at 1:30.

Ugh...it's like a re-do of the whole thing. He's going to cut along the line where the glass cut me originally and re-stitch me up afterward.

I hope this is the end of all of this...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Don't worry. I've had finger surgery...it's not too scary. We can start a finger surgery support group! ;)

I did have weird dreams while "asleep", though. Not scary...just weird.

Sarah said...

hope you are doing well by now. besos!

xoxoxo

Maria said...

I hope it went well.

It's about two hours since they put you under. When I got my wisdom teeth out, I woke up talking all sorts of gibberish and random things, so it's really tempting to call you and see what's on your mind.

Love you!