Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Parents in Town

My parents came to town this past weekend. I was dreading it a bit, because I knew that they were expecting to sleep on the floor in my apartment and because they also talked about taking me to church out here. Luckily, they only spent one night on the floor and then went to Holiday Inn. I also somehow got out of the church thing. I'm not entirely sure how that happened, but my mom left the door wide open for me to say that I didn't want to go. So, we went on a segway tour around town on Easter instead. Here's a picture:



Yeah, I can't make sense of it. One hypothesis that I have is that my mom didn't want to piss me off too much while she was here. I think she wants to keep things amicable while I live far away. My mom also kept saying things to suggest that it was my grandpa that expected all of us to go to church, which I don't understand either...

Whatever.

I'm just glad to have gotten out of it and to have survived the whole thing.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Hahahahaha!!!! I LOVE that segway picture. Hilariously dorky.

I hear you on Easter church service. The past how ever many years, I have stayed home while my parents and brother have gone to church. I go to church on Christmas, but that's strictly for tradition's sake and Christmas service is kinda cool because it doesn't have an uber creepy religious feel and you sing a bunch of Christmas carols and there's a live nativity at the end which is always interesting to see, and it seems to be a bit shorter than the normal service.

Easter service, on the other hand, I hate. It's super boring and much more religious-oriented with weird cultish chanting and shit. Plus, Easter songs suck.

Anyway, this year my brother, Shannon, and their kids were at our house for Easter. They're religious. So my Mom was really bothering me to go to the service. I finally capitulated and went. It sucked as much as I remembered. Plus, it was weird because it was a communion Sunday. I haven't had communion is FOREVER. Yum, Jesus Christ sure is tasty!! Haha. And I swear the service lasted like an hour and a half. B-O-R-I-N-G.

I don't even get why my mom wants me to go when they all know I'm not Christian. Whatever. Maybe they'll think I'll have some sort of revelation at church and suddenly believe in God. Right.