Thursday, March 15, 2007

My Chest Muscles Hurt

I lifted weights on Tuesday and my chest muscles are killing me now. Gaaah.

I haven't been up to much lately. More and more kids are coming into the school I work at and we aren't hiring anyone new. To me, it seems a setup for disaster. I feel less and less safe at my job all the time. I need to get out.

It's been really warm here. Yesterday it was 80 outside. However, it's predicted to snow tomorrow night. The weather is insane. I think all these changes are going to end up making me sick.

Last night I went to the theater and saw the movie "Maxed Out". It's a documentary about credit card debt. Then I depressed myself thinking about how our society is so focused on money. I really want to get out of the rat race. Really. I think about just living in a retreat from all profit. I'd be content living in some commune and just exchanging goods and services instead of money.

2 comments:

Maria said...

I can't wait until you come home for a visit so we can talk-talk-talk-talk-talk!!!!

What do you mean when you say "safe"? Like, do you feel like you could get hurt? Or just that you are going so fast and running around that you can't follow safety rules? Either way, it doesn't sound good.

Have you ever gotten your legs so sore that it's really hard to sit down? I hate that because it makes it really hard to go to the bathroom....

Love, Maria

Emily said...

i like to exchange sex for material goods. or sex for other services, such as cable installation. sometimes i even exchange sex for sex. that's always interesting.