Monday, March 05, 2007

Nothin' happening...

This past weekend went by fairly quickly, even though I didn't feel like we did too much. On Friday night, Jake and I went to check out a Wizards game because I got free tickets from work. I got bored and depressed during it, so we left at halftime. We were way up in the nosebleed section and I didn't really care who won anyway. It can't really compare to being in the student section at a Badger game. :) Saturday we wandered down to King Street, saw some dogs that were going to be in a dog show, and went shopping at Kohls. Pretty boring... We just did the usual errands on Sunday.

Jake and I are looking into joining a CSA. I've been in contact with a guy from Graceland Farms. I'm hoping we can still get shares for the summer. There are limited spots open...

Work sucks...my employer is so disorganized. That's all I want to say about that right now... The good news is that I only have 19 more work days before spring break.

Oh! One thing amused me this weekend that I forgot to mention earlier. So, Saturday night Jake decided that he would like to buy a bottle of Malibu so we could mix some drinks at home. We went to the VABC (the only place you can buy liquor in VA is in these state-run liquor stores called VABCs...it's so weird...) at about 8pm. When we got to the store, it was all locked up except for this little entryway. We could see one employee inside. Jake and I assumed that the store had just closed up or something. But, then we watched this old black man go up to a little glass window in the entry and ask the worker inside to get him a bottle of something. So, we had to order and pay through a little window...it was so sketchy...Whenever I've been to a VABC before, we've been allowed to walk around inside and browse the aisles. I swear I've been into one later than 8pm, too...so I'm wondering what's going on with this particular VABC.

No comments: