Thursday, August 30, 2007

One in a Million



Lloyd Christmas: What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me...ending up together?
Mary Swanson: Not good.
Lloyd Christmas: You mean not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary Swanson: I'd say more like one in a million.
[a long sad pause]
Lloyd Christmas: So you're telling me there's a chance? Yeah! I read ya.


~From Dumb and Dumber

I typically write down every job to which I apply.

I just counted and I've applied to 99 jobs since leaving my old job.

Fuck.

This is such BS. I'm so ready to give up.

Gah...I'm just grasping onto the hope that more places will be hiring in the fall and that there will be less competition from recent grads, etc.

99 is a lot, right? I would hope that my chances of getting a job are better than one in a hundred...but who knows, right? Maybe it's more like one in a million...

1 comment:

Emily said...

I hear ya, man. I haven't applied to anywhere near 99, but a pretty decent amount. Of which I've heard NADA back from. I HATE looking for jobs. Now I need to decide what I'm going to do this year (since it obviously won't be teaching). And I really hate subbing.