Saturday, August 18, 2007

Does it ever annoy anyone else...

that there are news websites, etc. where you can't post comments in response to the articles? The internet should be about the exchange of ideas! NBC had an article on the the price of milk this week I really wanted to comment on, but there was no forum available.

Also, somewhat related..I'm addicted to craigslist's forums nowadays. It's crazy to me how many responses I can get when I post questions on there. I put something up about Cory's scholarship situation in both the legal and the education sections and I got lots of replies. There's one guy on there that is just basically a harasser. His handle is "crazyed" if anyone else sees him on CL. I clicked to see other stuff he wrote on there, and basically he gets on and tells women that they're fat and going to end up alone and stuff like that...anyway, he told me that if my brother sued over a scholarship it would be frivolous. I asked him "Why is it frivolous?"...big mistake, because I should have seen it coming that he wasn't going to say anything helpful in response. Anyway, I flagged what he said to me afterwards and got it deleted. Here's what he wrote that I made go away:

bitch its frivolous "crazyed" 2007-08-17 10:34:52

because people like YOU think something is owed to you because you got mad.

you always look for some way to get paid. i bet its assholes like you that complains to the managers because the waiter didnt ask if you enjoyed your meals.

and fyi slut if your BROTHER is so smart he would have gotten other scholarships. if he cant get grants or loans to pay for college then he should go to devry like you


Wow, this guy is king of ad hominem. I get a kick out of it, in a way. Der...it's frivolous because you're an asshole and a slut...

Oh, "crazyed"...you are a curious man. I feel bad for you, in a way. What insecurities drive all these attacks on people? You must live a sad, sad life to feel motivated to come on and cyber-bully people.

Most people at least attempted to be helpful, though.

I also wrote about being in pain from slicing and seeding jalapeƱos. I've noticed that it bothers my skin afterwards lately. After the last couple of times I've handled them, I've had a horrible burning sensation on my hands. One time I also touched my face and my eyes and nose were burning, too. I googled it and most sites suggest using latex gloves or something, but I was hoping to get a suggestion as to something I could do that didn't generate more trash. People gave me lots of ideas...scooping the seeds with a teaspoon, washing up with rubbing alcohol afterwards, seeding the pepper under tap water, etc. Yay for people and their ideas! Oh, and I also got called a "gringa" and a "wimp"...not helpful.

Can we restrict the internet to logical, helpful people? ;)

No comments: