Sunday, January 06, 2008

Update on Goal List

Well, since I have so much going on with my 50 things before my second wedding anniversary list, I haven't made any specific, formal New Years Resolutions. However, I think I'm going to have to be prepared to make more goals soon, because I'm racing through the list. I have solidly completed 16 items on the list. (The most recent thing I completed was #29- seeing Jenny Owen Youngs at the Kennedy Center on Saturday.) It's likely that I will complete two more items over Martin Luther King weekend. Jake and I are talking about going skiing in the Blue Ridge Mountain area (where I could take a skiing class- #13) and then checking out Monticello (#32). #23, #30, #36, and #37 are well underway. I'm only about 6 months into a list that's supposed to take 2 years and in my mind, I'm close to halfway through...I suppose a lot of the hardest ones are left, though.

I'm really tempted to add new goals. Is it silly to come up with secondary lists now that I'm getting bored of my main list?

1 comment:

Maria said...

I'm so jealous of you. I'm no where near completing my list (~33 to go) and with six months and one day left till my b-day, I don't think I'm going to get anywhere near finishing. ..I feel like I can run down the list and come up with a good reason that I won't accomplish most of them. I think it's a reasonable estimate that I might get another 10 or so finished. And I'm not sure I can think of another 20 alternate things to do in the next few months to update my list.

I think if you have a handful of good ideas that you are likely to do soon instead, you should change the list. If you only vaguely dislike some of the items, it might be worth it to wait. I've done a whole bunch of stuff that isn't on my list, so I figure that I will at least be able to list those things when the time is up-- you could always do that too.