Monday, January 28, 2008

BRAT

I'm home sick from work today. I woke up with a stomach flu (which isn't the same as influenza...what the vaccine prevents). Well, I'm pretty sure that it's stomach flu and not food poisoning because Jake and I ate the same thing for dinner and he is totally fine. Some women that I work with were sick/throwing up last week, so my best guess is that it's a virus I picked up from them. I'm still trying to figure out what I can eat that won't make me nauseous.

Some reading on WebMD led me to what's called the "BRAT diet". It recommends bland, easy to digest foods. BRAT stands for: bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast.

Luckily, we have all those foods in our apartment right now. However, I don't think it's worth it to cook up rice right now, the way I'm feeling...

Does the fact that I want to pronounce BRAT like "bratwurst" instead of like the the word for a spoiled child show that I'm from Wisconsin? Or does it make sense because bratwurst is a food and would make sense in front of the word diet?

2 comments:

Emily said...

All I know is, my stomach would NOT appreciate me eating bananas ever again. Along with dairy and pineapples, I've suddenly acquired an intolerance to them. If I ever want to feel like I have food poisoning, I should just eat a banana.

*nauseous thinking about it*

*It took me like 10 tries to properly spell nauseous*

Honestly. It's so bad I force myself to throw up just to get it out of my stomach. I bet you wanted to hear that when you feel sick, eh? Sorry... :)

Sarah said...

I think you're a brat. That's how it would say it.