Sunday, September 18, 2005

Homeward Bound

This weekend I went home. On Friday, I watched my brother's soccer game, met up with Lelani, and went over to Daine's family's house. Daine was back in town for his grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary. Daine, if you ever read this thing, let me know how that went...also, let me know what you're saying you're thankful for in your women's health class...
On Saturday, I went to Madison to see this 9/11 memorial my brother helped design. Here's a picture of it. It'll be in the state capitol building for about the next month and then it's getting sent on a tour of high schools in the state.
School's going to make me busier and busier as the semester goes on, I can tell... This week, I'm going to have to start grading stuff for the class I'm TAing. That's a little scary. I'm also leaving this week to do some practicum work at the Lac du Flambeau reservation. I get to be put up in a hotel for that...I'm hoping it'll be kind of fun in a vacation-y sort of way...
Jake bought a plane ticket to come back to Wisconsin for Homecoming weekend in Madison. I'm glad I'm going to be able to see him even before the holidays. My sister also found out that Paul (my brother-in-law) is going to be able to come home from Korea next month. It'll be the first time he's been back in a year and a half. My mom is already bugging me about getting everyone together for a family picture during that weekend Jake is here. I don't know how it'll work with Jake and my schedule that weekend...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This thing is awesome. Who made the memorial for them?

Cory is Golden.

Makes me feel so lame.

What the hell did *we* do in high school?

Anonymous said...

You guys made those nifty placemats for The Pizza Factory and they've been up for YEARS.

Anonymous said...

ouch.

Even though that may have been a compliment, it stung like an insult.

Good job! I gotta work on those.

Take some classes by Sarah...