Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Randomness

Today I only saw my supervisor at practicum for a little while...he had a whole bunch of meetings in the morning and then this afternoon he found out that his son had to have his appendix taken out, so he left school...I felt weird going around the school alone trying to make work for myself...

After my supervisor left, I walked from the middle school to take some materials back to the Pupil Services Center. There is this private high school that is in between the middle school and PSC in Chippewa. Some random high school students who were outside for gym class yelled at me to ask me if I was in high school, and I laughed at them and said no. I could hear them talking to each other and they were like, "Oh, she's a teacher..." Ha. I wonder what made them think that I am in high school...I don't know if I should take it as a compliment that I look young or if I should be worried about looking like I have no authority...

My car wouldn't start all yesterday afternoon. It worked for me today, though....I think something happens whenever the inside of the car gets hot to make it not able to turn over. This has happened a couple of times before. I think I'm going to get it checked out next weekend. Hopefully...it'll keep working until then...

Tomorrow night I'm leaving for Lac du Flambeau again. This time I should actually get to work with the kids there...last time, we just had an orientation and really wasted a lot of time...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do people think your mom looks young for her age too?

I wonder how long we can ride the lookin' younger than we really are wave...

People are surprised that I am a college graduate. (Because I look dumb?) Because they say I look like I'm still an underclassmen in high school.

But then I say something brilliant and expose myself to be the worldly intellectual that I am...

Not really. Mostly I just giggle like I'm 13 and toss my hair over my shoulder and snap my bubble gum and roll my eyes and say:

"Duh. But I'm, like, twenty...something ish..."

Because I can't remember how old I am.

Because it's such a non-essential piece of information right now...

I'm a neophyte.

Not young enough to get away with stuff. Not old enough to be revered.

Revere me dammit! Revere me!

*tee-hee*