Saturday, September 24, 2005

Things to do before I die

Today, in lieu of working on school stuff, I decided to compile a list of 50 things that I should do before I die. So, if anyone reads this blog and thinks that I should definitely add something to my list, post and let me know what I need to do!
I just thought adding a picture of myself here would make it seem a little more personal...

Okay, so here's the list:
1. Learn how to juggle
2. Be a contestant on Jeopardy!
3. Write a sitcom script
4. Throw a surprise party for someone
5. Coin a phrase
6. Watch the sunrise in Hawaii
7. Learn how to play pool really well
8. See all 50 states (have been to: CA, DE, FL, IL, IN, IA, KY, MD, MI, MN, MO, NE, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SD, VA, WA, WV, WI)
9. Learn a bunch of good jokes (any suggestions?)
10. Learn to drive stick
11. Complete a NY Times Sunday crossword
12. Eat a Philly Cheesesteak in Philly
13. Go wine tasting in California
14. Become a wine connoisseur
15. Write a toast
16. Ride on a gondola in Venice
17. Go to Mexico
18. Go on a trip with my best friends (maybe to Mexico)
19. Make martinis at home while watching a Sex and the City marathon
20. Compile a list of my favorite quotes
21. Bake an awesome batch of homemade brownies
22. White water raft in Colorado
23. Understand and memorize 3 poems that I like
24. Invent a mixed drink
25. Memorize all the U.S. presidents in order (anyone know a song for this?)
26. Have my portrait painted
27. Go to the movies by myself
28. Sit on a jury
29. Spend New Year’s in Times Square
30. Drive across the USA from coast to coast
31. Spend Christmas in a tropical location
32. Scuba dive
33. Be part of the Oprah audience
34. Raise a child
35. Take a cooking class
36. Kiss the Blarney Stone
37. Do an awesome job singing “Baby got back” karaoke-style with Lelani
38. Go watch the Badgers win the Rose Bowl
39. Have a pet dog
40. Go on a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon
41. Learn to play tennis
42. Have a food fight
43. Visit the pyramids in Egypt
44. See the Northern Lights
45. Visit Stonehenge
46. See the bulls run in Pamplona
47. Ski in Colorado
48. Go on a cruise
49. Ride a jet ski
50. Pay off my college loans

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll paint your portrait.

I want someone to do my portrait too!

I keep asking people to draw me and they all say no. Bastards. I want a collection of portraits of myself though. I think it'd be funny.

I think you need some naked activities on your list. But I suppose you could just tack on the naked part to the ones already there.

IE: Eat a philly cheesesteak in Philly--naked.

Ride a jet ski--naked.

Hearts and Spades

Pay off my college loans...

You get the picture.

Candy said...

I'll draw your portrait Lelani, but I can't guarantee it'll be good. I feel like it's been a long time since I've drawn anything.

Let's not do that one naked, though... ;)

Sarah said...

Awesome ideas. I'll definately do a Sex and the City Marathon with you! About the President song....there is one, but I don't know it. I just remember kids from my elementary school singing it one year. There are so many things...one a year would pretty much get it all done, though. Good luck on the Sunday crossword...team up with my mom on that one (she's a pro crossword puzzler). That would be the one task that would be impossible for me to do...and the Baby Got Back one, which I would refuse on a matter of principal.

Sarah

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Curiouser and curiouser.

Who posted a message and then deleted it? Inquiring minds want to know...

Candy said...

Maybe Sarah wasn't happy with her first post and she made a second one? I'm wondering too...

Anonymous said...

Did you check out the tea cart blog? Weird.

Yeah, and I didn't know you could delete posts...

Your blog attracts weirdness.

Jake's blog is all on lock down. I can't even look at it without giving them a blood sample or something. I wonder what he has to say that requires so much security...

Hmm...

Anonymous said...

You already did number 4-- I think my surprise bachellorette party counts.

So you need another thing to replace Number Four...

Do you think you should just cross things off or replace them as you finish them? I think it would be cool to replace them and see how things change, but it you wouldn't get that feeling of finality of crossing things off The List.

Suggestion for Number Four (and Lelani should have this one on her list also): Win a food-eating contest.

Anonymous said...

Ooohh! Good call on the eating contest! And interesting suggestion about a Perpetual List. That might encourage you to live forever--cuz, you know, you got stuff to do.

Maria, do you have a list yet?

I have a running list in my head. Nothing in print though...

I should put that on the List.

#1) Write List...

Candy said...

Maybe I could change number 4 to something like "instigate a surprise party"...because I don't feel like I was the instigator for your party, Maria, I kind of just went along with everyone else's ideas...
I also just like the idea of sitting in a dark room and yelling "surprise" when someone comes in and turns on the light...it's a bit different from running up behind someone in broad daylight in a parking lot and surprising them, you know?

Anonymous said...

Hiding behind your car doesn't count? I was totally surprised.

I still need to make my list. I don't feel terribly creative, so I'll probably have to steal a few from Candy. I'll work on it.

#1. Finish damn intorduction for thesis proposal.

Anonymous said...

These are hard to make. I'm not even to number 25 and a lot of them I'm not sure about.

Anonymous said...

I wrote my list on a mirror the other night when I was punch drunk. I think I have 41.

I stole the eating contest one from you, Maria...

I'm also leaning towards the idea of a sempiternal list. Thanks again, Maria.

Apparently, I can't conjure up an interesting idea on my own.

#42...come up with an original thought...

Anonymous said...

I agree. I googled "50 thing to do before I die" (Google-ing should be considered a hobby, I swear) and there were lots and lots of sites. There's this place called wonderlist or something and its just oodles of random lists.

But I didn't read any of them, because I wanted to come up with my own ideas.

Candy, how long did it take you to make your list. I have 40, but I really only like about 25 of them.

Lelani, I just try and tell myself that I can't think of things because I'm my life is fulfilling or something. But really I'm not creative at all creative.

Candy said...

Hey...I cribbed some of my ideas by googling other people's to-do lists... It think it just helped me to remember stuff I've already said that I'd like to do, though...it also helped me to kind of brainstorm and remember stuff to put on my list.

It makes me feel cool to read other people's to-do lists and realize that I've done a bunch of stuff on their list already. I recommend reading other people's lists...it's interesting.