Saturday, November 12, 2005

Incompetence

I went into Career Services this week on Wednesday. Career Services is supposed to have drop in hours Monday through Friday from 1pm until 3pm. So, at 2pm, I came in with a copy of my resume and a cover letter and asked if someone could go over them with me. The girl at the desk there was like, "Well, you can set up an appointment with us or you can come in for drop in hours..." And I said, "Isn't it drop in hours right now?" The girl said, "Yes, it is, but we have a meeting today." I was irritated because the time I went in on Wednesday was the only free hour I had this past week. I asked if I could just drop my resume off, have someone proofread it, and then pop back in on Friday to pick it up. She wasn't sure and asked another woman there to come talk to me. I talked to that woman and got her to agree to have my resume proofread for later in the week. I came by Career Services again on Friday and asked for my resume, and the people working there could not find it anywhere. What the hell? I think they are completely incompetent. How do they lose my resume? Why do they not actually have drop in hours when they say they do? Ugh! I was hoping to finish up and send off my resume to internship positions this weekend, but apparently that's not going to happen.

No comments: