Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Cross 'Em Off the List!

Yesterday, I completed two of the things on my "50 things" list. I chopped my hair so I can donate it! See!



I sent my hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths instead of Locks of Love. I think most of their wig donations go to women who have undergone chemotherapy while Locks of Love's go to kids with alopecia. Pantene only required 8 inches of hair, while Locks requires 10. When I measured the ponytail the woman chopped off my head myself, I think it was about 9 inches.

The second thing I can cross off my list is making a homemade pizza. I found out that I had a pizza dough recipe in one of my cookbooks, so I used that and topped off the pizza with some stuff from the CSA (tomatoes, basil, green peppers, arugula) as well as tomato sauce, onions, and mozzarella that I picked up on the side. It turned out fairly nicely. Look:


I'm really flying through this list! If I get too many things done before the due date, I guess I'll just have to write a new list early on!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Mmm, it looks yummy.

So how exactly does the whole hair donation thing work? Like, you have to send it in yourself or does the hair place do it? If it's the former, do you just stick it in a box and send it away?

Maria said...

I'm super jealous.... I need to quit my job so that I get things crossed off my list.

Good job!!

Maria said...

I've heard of that Pantene program before. I might donate my hair there in the spring because I think they'll take hair that's been dyed, but Locks of Love doesn't want it.