Monday, September 24, 2007

The weekend

Jake and I went on a trip to Delaware on Friday and Saturday. On Friday afternoon, we drove out. We stopped at this awesome place called "Yoder's Country Store" and I bought random cheap spices and stuff. Then, we toured the Dogfish Head brewery. Their beer is interesting. A lot of it has a very high alcohol content. Jake and I both really like their "Punkin' Ale". It tastes like pumpkin pie. Yum!

Then, we drove to Econolodge in Rohoboth Beach, DE. I wouldn't recommend staying there. They gave us a smoking room when we requested non-smoking (and the room smelled bad, despite what they told us about cleaning it up for us...), there were a couple of broken lamps, and the bedspread had holes burned into it. Ick. Whatever...it was just a cheap room.

On Saturday, we hung around on the beach. Here's Jake on the beach:

This is one example of my fine photography. Oh, and it will only get better as I continue in my class...

It rained Saturday afternoon and I got totally soaked running to get the car while Jake sat under a gazebo and managed to stay dry.

On Sunday, Jake and I toured the National Arboretum. Now I sort of wish that I had taken Maria there when she visited because I'm sure she would have enjoyed it. We took a tram tour first. Then, we walked around and saw an exhibit of bonsai trees, an herb garden (there were a bunch of different types of peppers growing in there and I was very tempted to try to steal one...), and some columns that were removed from the Capitol building in the 1950s. Awesome.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I really like your Jakey beach picture. Fine photographing skillz, Candy! Muy bueno.