Sunday, October 30, 2005

7 more months of school to go...

The countdown begins...
This junk had better be done with soon...
I think school is turning me into a difficult-to-get-along-with person. I'm such a whiner.
I realized today that I have more than 2x the practicum experience of most of the school psych students in the DC area. I went online and looked at some of the programs around there...like George Mason and College Park and whatnot... I read that their second-year students only do, like 200 hours over the course of the year. I have to log 233 hours each semester. That's not even counting the 60 clinical practicum hours that I log. I hope that means that I'll have a little bit of an edge when I'm applying to internships. But right now all this work is driving me nuts. I think Jake, my family, and my friends must all be sick of me because I'm always complaining and worrying about junk.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I went apple pickin' too. Only I had to pay a buck a pound. But the apples sure are dern purty and nice smellin'. And it was fun to walk thru the orchard with my mummers and the brother. It was like Willy Wonka where you could eat whatever you wanted! I figure we prolly ate more than we bought.

This is not at all related to this post, but I don't know if you ever look at the old post comments.

And this was too important to keep to myself.

Toodles.

Candy said...

ooh, what kind of apples did you get? When I went, I got Empires and Cortlands. Did you go to Out on a Limb? I hope you check the posts on my site...'cause now I want to know...

Anonymous said...

I got all sorts. I don't know which is which. Did they let you pick apples off the tree and "taste" them? We ate so many off the trees...

Yup. This was the Princeton orchard. We should go back one day randomly. It seems like a very casual atmosphere.

I couldn't remember the hybrid Mich. one. I wanted to try it...

The girl said the Raeburns (sp?) were the best at the time so I know I got some of those. And a few green ones...

I really should have paid more attention to the signs...

Anyway, I have a big pink bowl full of apples. Well, it was full a couple days ago. Now it's half full.

Yum yum apples.

Anonymous said...

When did you put the pathetic geek stories website on your daisy chain? Totally awesome!

I love the pathetic geek stories. It was the only reason I read the Philly Inq. That and the "I Saw You..." notices.

*sigh*

I want to put an "I Saw You" notice in the paper.

Maybe that could be my pathetic geek story...

I want to submit a pathetic geek story.

Too bad I'm too cool.