Monday, May 15, 2006

School year is ending


I haven't updated in a while, so I feel really behind. Here's a picture of Jake and me from the other weekend. My interview went okay, I think, but I won't hear whether or not I have the internship until after May 24 (when Carroll Co. makes its budget decisions). I was glad to get to spend time with Jake. We climbed the bell tower of the National Cathedral and saw a bell ringing demonstration. It was the only day out of the whole year that people were allowed to go up the tower! We also went to the zoo and I got to see the baby panda.
This past weekend, I went home and did dress shopping with my mom, Lelani, Sarah, and Britt. I was cranky because I had to try on dresses and because I had a killer headache. I hadn't had any caffeine all day and it started to bother me in the afternoon. Hmm...I'm thinking I'm more addicted to caffeine than I thought. I've been in the bad habit of drinking an awful lot of it lately.
Sarah spent the night at my parents' house, which was fun. My nephew told her that I have two kids named Jack and Brian when she asked him if I was a mother (Sarah was trying to teach him that he should only wish mothers "Happy Mother's Day.").Sarah went to church with me and my family Sunday morning. The vicar implied in his sermon that a friend of his was going to hell because he hasn't gone to church in 8 years. That was interesting... Sarah said she could understand how I've said that my parents' church is a downer.
Tonight, I'm going to an end-of-year party at one of my prof's houses. Tomorrow we have an end-of-year dinner with my counseling prof. The people in my program are also throwing a bachelor/bachelorette party for everyone that is getting married. My yoga class is tomorrow, too, so I don't know if I will skip it or just show up late to the party. I'm really glad that things are getting to be over with...after next Tuesday (I have a meeting at practicum), the only thing I will need to work on is my thesis.

4 comments:

ilaiy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ilaiy said...

All the best for your interview..

./thanks
ilaiy

L. Sanchez said...

Busy busy BUZY bumble bee. Sounds like you've got some nice plans up ahead at least.

Me? Nada.

Maria said...

Hi Candy,

Rexx told me you had your LAST EXAM EVER.

Congratulations!!!

Yippeeee!