Friday, June 22, 2007

Another list of things to do!

I've decided that I need to come up with new goals. The 50 things before I die list is getting kind of old. I have accomplished a good chunk of those goals (considering they are supposed to be life-long...) and I've also decided that some of those goals are kind of stupid.

Anyway, I've decided to make a list of 50 shorter-term goals. I've made them all the type of goal that I are measurable and can cross off a list, though I was really tempted to write out stuff like attitude goals. I'm making my two-year wedding anniversary the cut-off date. Anyone have any feedback on how much they think I'll accomplish? Or feedback on how to go about doing anything on the list? Here's what I have to do by 07/14/09:

1. Volunteer to do a clean up activity with an environmental group (at a park, nature trail, beach, etc.)
2. Go scuba diving
3. Go camping and build a campfire
4. Write a song
5. Go canoeing
6. Visit either Mexico or the Caribbean
7. Go to the eye doctor and see if I can get Lasik surgery on my left eye
8. Bake a pie
9. Organize the files on my computer better and make sure important files are backed-up on Jake’s external hard drive
10. Donate my hair to Locks of Love
11. Get another job
12. Beat Jake playing pool
13. Take a skiing class
14. Learn to tell five more good jokes
15. Go on my honeymoon
16. Sing karaoke in a bar in the DC Metro area
17. Gain the upper body strength to do a pull-up
18. Stop being overweight and stay that way
19. Hike the trail to the biggest waterfall in Shenandoah
20. Make a homemade pizza (get the recipe from Maria again…)
21. Get a pet dog
22. Buy a house, townhouse, or condo
23. Read at least an average of a book a month (only entire books count).
24. See at least 5 new states I haven’t visited before
25. Throw a dinner party
26. See another concert at the Birchmere
27. Go hiking in Great Falls
28. Get a professional massage
29. See a show at the Kennedy Center
30. Blog at least once a month
31. Take a photography class
32. Visit Monticello
33. Write either my Congressman or Senator at least 3 times about issues I care about (using my own words, not form emails)
34. Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper or magazine
35. Go to another continent besides North America
36. Only buy fair trade coffee for the coffeemaker at home
37. Do not eat at McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, or Taco Bell
38. Buy a comfortable couch
39. Make Jake go to see a musical with me
40. Trace Jake’s and my ancestry at least back to Europe on each side to have a family tree for our children
41. Eat vegan for a week
42. Continue to watch my blood pressure and keep it down
43. Go through my cupboards and closets and donate everything I don’t use to charity
44. Check out the National Arboretum
45. Write a friendly letter to someone I’ve never met in person and mail it
46. Enter a contest
47. Go to a book signing and get a signed copy of a book
48. Have at least one good conversation that goes until the wee hours of the morning
49. Write at least 3 recipes of my own creation
50. Print off and post this list somewhere so I see it nearly everyday and can check off items by hand.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Looks great! I think 50 is a reasonable number (My list has 101 things for about 2.5 years and I'll probably never get around to a bunch of them-- I only have one year left!!).

What constitutes a "good" joke?

You, Lelani, and I need a slumber party for that good conversation that goes into the wee hours of the night!!!

I have a good strawberry-rhubard pie recipe if those things are still in season in Virginia. And I'll get you the pizza recipe.

Did you do number 50 yet?