Thursday, June 14, 2007

Random Blog of Stuff

I can't get myself excited to apply for any jobs.

I do have another job interview next week, but I'm really not excited for that either. It's with a company that makes applications for PDAs and stuff to help people behaviorally with weight loss, stopping smoking, sticking to a diet, etc. I'd help with behavioral research. I feel sketchy about it though, because then I'd be doing research for a company that obviously would be interested in showing that their products work. So, would I be put in a position of hypothesis-proving? Ick. Plus, the job is out in Reston. The commute would be a pain. Plus, I'd have to pay a toll driving there. Blah.

I feel like since I have this free time, and it's not an emergency that I find a job, I really should try to find work that helps me live up to my ideals. I'm not sure where to find that, though. Also, I'm not really sure what I'm passionate enough about to stick with. Maybe it's extremely difficult to have work that matches with what you think is the meaning of your life. Maybe it's even more difficult to find that in something entry level...

I think Jake and I are going to go see "Knocked Up" tonight. Yay! It's been a long while since I've actually wanted to see something in the theatre. It seems like every other movie this summer is a sequel. Do I really want to go to the theatre to see the third Pirates or Shrek movie?

I've been working on making wedding favors this week. I have just over 100 of them made. I'm not sure how many people we're actually going to have at the wedding yet, though. There are still about 70 people we haven't heard from...they have two days until the due date. It's really annoying and it's going to be a lot more work to have to start getting on the phone to figure out counts for everything.

Maria comes tomorrow! There is crap all over our apartment, so I really need to get it all cleaned up. I can't wait to have this wedding over with, because most of the mess is related to that...favors, boxes of stuff to take home, boxes of spare wedding invitations, lists and tallies of different wedding stuff...a huge box from a gift we just got (some friends of Jake's parents- who I don't even know- got us a new set of bedsheets and a comforter...yay!).

Jake and I are planning to go to Toronto for a couple of days before making our way to Wisconsin. We booked some hotel rooms last night. We're planning to drive all the way to a bit past Niagara Falls on our first day of driving and then spend two nights in Toronto. I'm not sure what all I want to do yet. I think I want to check out Kensington Market and go up the CN Tower. July 1 is Canada Day, but I haven't seen anything special that's going on in Toronto that day.

Okay, not too much else happening in the moment...

Hopefully, I'll have some good pictures and stories after Maria comes!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I remember when a guy came into our Abnormal class (I think) to talk about the PDA and smoking research. Only time I've heard of it, though, until now. Interesting.

Have a great time with Maria!