Friday, July 08, 2005

Back in Eau Claire


Well, today is the first day that I'm back in Eau Claire. Yesterday, I stayed at my parents' house and during the day we went up to Fond du Lac to see my sister and nephew and take them to the park. It's kind of nice to be back in E.C., because I can do whatever I want on my own schedule...like drink bloody marys and read a Lewis Black book in bed, which is what I opted to do this afternoon instead of doing more productive things. At home, I feel like I spend a lot of time pacing around, looking for stuff to do...here at least I can find stuff to do, although it's not always that productive.
I start class again on Monday. I hope that this class isn't a huge pain...but we'll see...
I found out today that I am getting a second assistantship position for next year, which means that a) I'll be making more money and b) I'll still be able to get health insurance through the university. Yay!
As promised, I am posting pictures from my most recent stay with Jake in the DC area. Here is Jake eating a burger at Five Guys in Alexandria. Every burger there is served with two patties on it...those suckers are huge! I think next time I'm out there we'll have to go and get burgers there again...but I shouldn't plan on having any other red meat the whole week, because I'm pretty sure the amount of meat in one of those burgers exceeds what most dieticians recommend. I would ask Justin's sister (who's studying to be a dietician), but apparently she thinks that turkey is red meat, so I think I should be skeptical about any response she gives to a question about red meat.
Here's a picture of me...I'm drunk and pretending that Jake's pool balls are my eyeballs. Oh beer...it's wonderful. I feel like I should write more to fill up the space next to this picture. I'm not sure what to say though...
Do I look my age? Jake and I were in Trader Joe's one day looking at wine and this woman who was stocking the wine shelves said to us, "I should card both of you just for browsing." It was interesting that she said that to both of us. If it was just to me, I wouldn't have been too surprised, but I feel like Jake usually doesn't get carded. I think he probably looks his age. Maybe since he shaved off his goatee he looks a bit younger though..Jake, do you get carded more now that you don't have a goatee? I feel like I must look like I'm fourteen or something...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question for Jake:

Did you have a bip pale spot on your chin when you shaved your goatee?

Anonymous said...

Not that I remember. It wasn't that thick, so some sun probably got through to it.