Saturday, July 30, 2005

Bacon Wrapped Lamb Filets with Pesto

I bought a bottle of wine last night. It's just a cheap wine that is a blend of Shiraz and Cabernet Savignon. I got it home and read the back label and had to laugh because of what it said about food pairings on it. It says "This wonderful wine is a perfect match for bacon wrapped lamb filets with pesto." Who sits around and says, "Tonight I think I'll make bacon wrapped lamb filets with pesto"? It's like the wine bottle was trying to tell me what I should make for dinner...aren't the suggestions on the back of the wine bottle supposed to be broad? Like, this wine works well with seafood or beef or something? I wonder if the person writing that label just decided that they'd just put the craziest food suggestion ever on it...

No comments: