Friday, July 08, 2005

Candy's Fourth of July

On the 4th, Jake, Justin, and I went into DC and watched a parade. Here Jake and I are sitting on the curb along Constitution Ave. waiting for the parade to start. Before the parade started, Jake and Justin went to pick up Potbelly subs for lunch and I held our spot along the curb. See the woman sitting on the curb next to me? She is from Chicago and told me that while she was in college, she used to go to the original Potbelly restaurant near Lincoln Park.
After the parade was over, we all went to watch Bewitched at the movie theatre. Did you know that a large soda at the movies is equivalent to a 2 liter bottle? Isn't that crazy? But you'd have to be a sucker to buy the small soda...you get many more ounces per dollar buying the large. Screw health!
Here's a picture of Justin and Jake at the parade, clapping along with one of the songs played by a marching band. Anyway, after we went and saw Bewitched, we went out for mexican food and had a couple of pitchers of margaritas. It made going to the fireworks that night more fun. I'm trying to remember the name of the place we went to because it was good...I think it might have been Lauriol or something like that...it's near Dupont Circle. Yeah...I think I just found it online...here it is: http://www.lauriolplaza.com/

No comments: