Wednesday, August 31, 2005

More stuff on New York

So, Jake and I are thinking that we'll probably have the wedding in June or July of 2007. We decided against doing it next summer because this school year is going to be pretty hectic for me. I am trying to complete my thesis as well as working two assistantships. Plus, I have to move at the end of July, so a wedding in the summer will be a pain after having to go through that...

Jake and I were on the Today show while we were out in New York. We didn't intend on going to watch the show, but we ended up there after getting up at the crack of dawn to stand in line for stand-by Conan tickets when asecurity guard told us that we couldn't see Conan's show that day because he was on vacation. We saw Joss Stone play a concert at Rockfeller Plaza. Here is a picture I took of her from where we stood. Check out the video of the show here. I had to open the video with Internet Explorer, so if you use Firefox, be warned. Jake and I are off to the right of the stage and I'm wearing a pink shirt. It's kind of hard to see us on this crappy quality internet player thing...but oh well.


<-Here's a picture of me on the Brooklyn Bridge. We took a walk across it for fun.

Here's Jake and me at the Statue of Liberty...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wa-hoo! You decided to do it in 2007. That's pretty smart. I was wondering how you were gonna do it all.

Plus it gives me more time to save money to go to Aruba.

It's still gonna be in Aruba, right? ;P

I had this dream we were at your wedding. Maria was wearing a red dress. Mine was green for some reason. I'm fond of the red dress idea though. Were you kidding? Can we really wear red dresses? Can they be made of silk? Can they be poofy on the bottom? Can they have big silk sashes?

Well, you'll have more time to think about it now, I guess. (Cuz I'm sure you're going to devote most of your time and energy deciding what *I'm* going to wear.)

Hearts etc.

Anonymous said...

Do we really get to decide? Can you have a picnic theme so I can wear a sundress and a big straw hat. It will be super informal and not at all church like so you will like it, I promise.

I don't think I look good in red.

Lelani, you like burgundy, don't you? I like burgundy. Or wine color. Can we vote on that? Big frilly dresses.

I think the whole wedding should be on stilts. We have till 2007, so we have lots of time to practice. We can wear outrageous make-up and pretend we are in cirque du soleil.

Love, me

ps. I'm so thrilled you were on national television. I knew that at least one of us were destined to be megastars!