Friday, August 19, 2005

The week


Yup...it's hard to keep myself entertained while Jake is at work...I really should be working on my thesis, but I'm really lazy and just want to slack off. I did a tiny bit of work on it this morning, but not a lot. I'm telling myself that this afternoon I'll do some more work on it. We'll see. So, here's a picture of what Jake's building looks like, just in case anyone was curious. It looks exactly like the 800 buildings around it. The car on the left is his vibe. The day I took this picture, it was nice and sunny out. This might have been the day that I sat outside by the pool.
I went into DC one day this week. I didn't do anything too exciting. I think I want to go back in another day next week.. Another day, I took myself to the Fashion Center at Pentagon City. I'd like shopping a lot more if I had a job and money. I just mostly wandered around and looked at all the really expensive stuff in the stores. Nordstrom's has L.A.M.B., Gwen Stefani's clothing line, which I thought was interesting. I never thought that I'd actually see that on a rack in the store. I guess I don't typically go into stores that are "upscale". I also wandered into a store not knowing what it was, and found out that it was Forever 21. It confused me because the sign for the store said XXI, and I just thought, "What's XXI? This looks like a cool store."
Here's a picture of Jake grilling chicken one night. I've made dinner a few nights this week, but I think we'll probably go out for food this weekend. I'm ready to go do some more sightseeing and spend some more time with Jake...hanging around by myself all day long is pretty boring...but at least I'm hanging around by myself here and not in Eau Claire. That's even more boring. Jake and I watched the movie Guess Who last night. It was okay. Just some nice mindless entertainment, you know? I sort of want to go see The 40 Year Old Virgin sometime. I have a feeling that that movie will be pretty mindless, too...

No comments: