Monday, January 23, 2006

Dress shopping

I'm going to go wedding dress shopping this weekend. I'm afraid that the people in the bridal shops are going to think I'm an idiot because I don't know the first thing about this sort of thing. Okay, Martha Stewart says that dresses usually fit into one of eight categories: ball gown, ballerina, princess, bustle back, slip dress, empire, A-line, or sheath. I'm pretty sure that if someone tested me on what these terms mean, I wouldn't pass.

Maybe I should get a gown that is just completely outrageous. I could get a polka-dotted flamenco dress for myself. I like the tradition that says that the groom shouldn't be allowed to see the dress before the wedding. I wonder what Jake would do if he saw me coming down the aisle with a polka-dotted dress wearing a spinning bowtie...

3 comments:

Emily said...

And you'll need a big Las Vegas show girl-style head piece instead of a veil. That'd be sweet. And you could have the bridesmaids wear swimming suits. And when you guys exchange rings, they should be those Keebler cookies with the hole in them (you know...the ones with the fudge stripes?). And you could have a bouquet of Tootsie Pops. Man, this wedding is gonna be AWESOME!!!

Maria said...

Hah!!

Don't worry Candy, dress shopping will be okay... or at least you'll survive. I think the first time that I went they asked me some basic questions about what I liked and could afford and then just pulled out a million dresses that were roughly my size and had me try on the ones I like.

But I'm terrified of bridal shops...

L. Sanchez said...

I'd love you forever if you did that. Seriously. I'd set up a church for you where I'd worship your image day and night until the day I died.

You'd be my goddess.