Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Whew...interviews are done.

Well, I finished my last interview while I'm here this morning. I don't know what to think. I hope that I get something, but I don't feel too sure about it. I'm pretty sure I screwed up the Loudoun County interview pretty bad. I totally BSed a lot of crap, and then afterwards I asked them if they'd give me a card and they totally didn't. I also had to do a writing sample for them, which I don't think I did that good of a job on. Whatever. It sounded like if I got my internship there, it'd be out in the western part of the county, which would end up being a drive forever away. I had to pay about $8 in tolls on the way out to that interview. If I had to pay that everyday, I'd be pretty pissed.
Today I interviewed with Fairfax County. I was pissed at myself because I showed up late. The drive there was supposed to take about 15 minutes, but it wound up taking me 40. The beltway was bumper to bumper and slowed me way down. I thought for sure I'd get there early. When I was on the beltway at the same time yesterday, it was flying along pretty quickly. I gave myself half an hour to make the drive. Anyway, I called the office I was going to to let them know that I was running late. They seemed pretty understanding of my traffic problems, but I am still mad at myself for not anticipating that the beltway could be that packed. The interview itself went okay for the most part, I think...I still think that I'm a stuttering idiot and will probably look way incompetent in comparison to whoever else interviews.
The crappy part about all of this is that I probably will end up flying back out to interview again (unless I can get phone interviews). It sounds like no one is going to let me know either way if I have something until mid to late February. Other places are doing their interviews at the end of February...so, I might not hear about anything until after I buy plane tickets to come back out here.
I'm just glad to be done for now. Now I can relax a bit for the next few days that I'm here...

No comments: