Friday, February 17, 2006

Crap.

Prince William called me this afternoon and told me that they already filled their internship positions. WTF? I haven't even interviewed with them yet. They told me that they would still interview me, but I really have no way of getting hired by them. I don't know if I should go and ask them what I should do to try to apply for next year, or if I should just say screw it and not go. I'm highly upset by this. I feel that I was mislead. When she called to set up my interview, she told me that she was interviewing as late as Feb. 24. I told her that that day worked well for me (I was trying to think ahead to when I probably wouldn't have to work on cases at school...it's WSPA at the same time...). But she never told me that they would hire before they finished interviewing...
I'm really pissed. I feel worse and worse about my whole job situation all the time now...ugh...I wanna throw up...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That sucks. It's frustrating that the school would lead you on like that. It is also sad that interviews have to be so stressful, for you, and for most other people out there in this cold, lonely place. I know I'm nervous about eventually getting a teaching job and I'm sure the interviews (if I even get them) will be hard. I guess my advice, as stupid as it may be, would be to keep your mind on the final goal and just do what you have to do to get there in the end. As Dr. Hayden would say, "Know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em." I know that quote doesn't have anything to do with the theme of my comment or your situation, but I thought it might help cheer you up.

Elizabeth said...

that is incredibly inconsiderate, unkind, and downright unfair of them.

when i was looking for a job i would frequently feel that i was getting taken advantage of all the time, with people not calling when they know they should have, etc. they know they have the power over you and that you are basically desperate, and they use that against you. i felt sometimes that they would do this on purpose.

i don't really have any advice for you, except to just try to take it a day at a time. i was there not long ago myself and that's what helped me the most, i guess. however, what helped me the least is all the advice i kept getting from people, which was conflicting and confusing. anyway, those guys are assholes...how can they interview you when they already filled the job? that's crap.